The motor oiler lubricates the vanes of the starting motor with a fine oil mist as the motor is operating.
The collector jar collects both the oil after it has lubricated the starting motor vanes, and the moisture condensation from the compressed air. Empty the collector jar whenever the jar becomes half full.
REMOVING OIL COLLECTOR JAR
When the oiler jar becomes half empty, remove the oil filler plug and fill the jar with clean oil. Refer to Lubrication and Maintenance Chart for proper oil.
ADDING OIL TO MOTOR OILER
Never allow the jar to become empty. The starting motor will be damaged by lack of proper lubrication.
Adjusting The Air Starting Motor Oiler Feed
If necessary, adjust the oiler to release approximately four drops of oil per minute into the starting motor air stream.
- 1. The engine must be operated long enough to have the oil warm. Then stop the engine. Leave the gas valve in the off position.
- 2. Pull up on the air start control lever and crank the engine.
- 3. Count the drops of oil released per minute into the air stream.
- a. Turn the valve needle (the uppermost knob on the oiler) counterclockwise to increase the number of drops.
- b. Turn the valve needle clockwise to decrease the number of drops.
ADJUSTING MOTOR OILER
Releasing Hydraulic Pressure
Before disconnecting any part of the hydraulic starting circuit, release all hydraulic pressure.
- 1. Move the governor control to turn off the fuel.
- 2. If the engine is equipped with a compression release lever, move the lever to the START position.
- 3. Engage the hydraulic start control valve.
Hold the control valve in the engaged position until the engine stops. Disengage and engage the control lever several times. The hydraulic gauge must indicate "0 psi" before removing any part.
Installing Oil Filter Element
- 1. Remove the filter cover slowly. Pressure oil may be present.
- 2. Remove the filter element.
- 3. Remove the plate and spring.
- 4. Clean all parts in diesel fuel.
- 5. Check the cap and housing for damaged threads.
- 6. Install a new O-ring in the cover.
- 7. Install the plate, spring, new filter element and cover.
HYDRAULIC STARTER OIL FILTER