Some AVSpare products may be equipped with an auxiliary start receptacle as a standard part. If your machine is not equipped with an auxiliary start receptacle, the machine can be equipped with an auxiliary start receptacle from parts service. This will ensure that a permanent receptacle is always available to jump-start the machine.
There are two cable assemblies that can be used to jump-start the stalled machine. You can jump-start the stalled machine from another machine that is equipped with an auxiliary start receptacle or with an auxiliary power pack. Your AVSpare dealer can provide the correct cable lengths for your application.
- Determine the reason that the engine will not start.
Reference: Refer to Special Instruction, SEHS7633, "Battery Test Procedure" for more information.
- Ensure that the travel control levers on the stalled machine are in theCENTER position. Engage the hydraulic lockout control. Lower all work tools to the ground. Move all controls to HOLD.
- Turn the engine start switch key on the stalled machine to the OFF position. Turn off all accessories.
- Turn the battery disconnect switch on the stalled machine to ON.
- Move the machine that is being used as a power source close to the stalled machine. The jump-start cables should reach the batteries on both machines. DO NOT ALLOW THE MACHINES TO CONTACT EACH OTHER.
- Stop the engine on the machine that is being used as a power source. If you use an auxiliary power source, turn off the charging system.
- Connect the appropriate jump-start cable to the auxiliary start receptacle on the stalled machine.
- Connect the other end of the jump-start cable to the auxiliary start receptacle of the machine that is being used as a power source.
- Start the engine on the machine that is being used as a power source or energize the charging system on the auxiliary power source.
- Wait for a minimum of 2 minutes while the batteries in the stalled machine partially charge.
- Attempt to start the stalled engine.
- Immediately after the stalled engine starts, disconnect the jump-start cable from the power source.
- Disconnect the other end of the jump-start cable from the stalled machine.
- Conclude the failure analysis on the starting charging system of the stalled machine, as required. Check the machine while the engine is running and the charging system is in operation.