The engine ratings are based in compliance with the following standard ambient air conditions of "SAE J1995 January 1990" and "ISO3046":
- Dry barometric pressure of 99 kPa
- Temperature of 25 °C
Engine performance and fuel consumption are based on the following fuel specifications:
- The low heat value (LHV) of the fuel is 42780 kJ/kg at 29 °C.
- The density of the fuel is 838.9 g/L.
The following tolerances are included:
- ± 5 percent for specific fuel consumption
- ± 3 percent for brake kilowatts at the flywheel
The power at the flywheel is demonstrated at a AVSpare Engine test cell.
Before engine power is derated, the maximum temperature of the inlet air to the turbocharger is 45 °C.
The engine ratings represent net power. The power that is required for the following parameters has been subtracted from the net power:
- Air filter restriction
- Exhaust restriction
- Fuel pump
- Pumps that circulate lube oil
- Water pumps
Rating Definitions and Power Output
For information on power curves for engine rpm, see the Application and Installation Guide.
Operating an engine above the engine's rating will reduce the service life of the engine before overhaul.
Ratings for Marine Propulsion Engines
|Rated Power Output for C280 Series Marine Propulsion Engines
|Marine Auxiliary Prime